Powhiri 2nd Feb 2015
- The pōwhiri will be held in our hall just around 9.15, on Monday the 2nd of February 2015. Kapa Haka in the front please.
- Can all the new staff, new students and whānau wait in the courtyard outside the hall for the karanga.
- We have a representative from Rangitane (Shane) to speak first as 'mana whenua' he will welcome the manuhiri, and open the house with karakia (blessing)
- Waiata - He honore
- Then David will speak after him.
- Waiata - Te Manu
- Manuhiri's turn - Mario / koha
- Cup of tea in the staffroom.
After the pōwhiri everyone will leave the hall (even the new teachers) and go back to their classes to have brain food, but my class will go to the staffroom with the new students and whānau members.